Neoseeker New Cheat System
As of July 15, 2008, Neoseeker launches a new cheat system for a better data organization. Here's a tutorial of how to use it.
Before we start the tutorial, the new cheat system has the following categories: (Shown in their display order)
- Command code (code)
- If you're familiar with the Konami Code, you'll know what this is. These are button commands you can enter at particular places to unlock something hidden or not normally accessible.
- Game password (password)
- Actual passwords that you enter at a specific screen to unlock something hidden, or resume progress.
- Rewards, Accomplishments & Unlockables (unlockable)
- Sometimes you get something from the game for your efforts. Here's where you show others what you can get from the game, and how to get 'em.
- Trophies (PS3)
- Some PS3 games will sport Trophies which players can earn and proudly display whether you're at Home or on the XMB. If you know what and how you can earn these, don't be shy to contribute!
- Achievements (Xbox360)
- If you have the dirt on what you can earn Achievement points for in a game, along with what challenge needs to completed to score them, share the knowledge. Don't forget to list how many points you can earn too.
- Hints & Tips (tip)
- Have a brief tip on how to get by troublesome parts of the game? Share your hints and strategies with us here.
- Glitches (glitch)
- Particularly keen players may catch wind of an exploit which the game developers themselves have overlooked during testing and somehow made it into the final product. If it's not a cheat or password, but something pragmatic gamers can abuse in-game as a "loophole" to the "rules" (like taking advantage of AI behaviour, or item duplication), try submitting it as a glitch.
- Easter Eggs & Hidden In-game Goodies (easter_egg)
- Found something nifty hidden in the game which you can access without need for cheat codes or passwords? Submit it as an Easter Egg which other players can find!
Note: Tip is no longer a separate type; it's now a category under Cheats.
For unlockables and passwords, there are category types to better describe what the cheat does. It consists of its title, description, and the two columns headers (*optional).
If the game profile already had cheats submitted, members might be able to choose from the list of existing category types.
Members are always welcomed to create a new one. PS3 and XBOX360 would automatically have Achievements and Trophies included in the selectbox.
After completing it, the final submission would append after the category type title and description.
The default column header for unlockable (if not given) is Unlockable, How to unlock.
The default column header for password (if not given) is Password, What it does.
Submit New Cheat
There are two ways to submit a new cheat.
- Submit cheat from the profile page http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/submit_cheat.html?entityid=37081
- Submit cheat on this page http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/submit_cheat.html and search for the game
After you chose the cheat category, you would land on the submission page. Depending on the chosen category, the submission page would look different.
For unlockable and password:
To add a new unlockable/password, first either choose a #Category_Type from the dropdown list, or create your own if required (e.g. some games will have types of unlockables/passwords specific to it). Next, fill out the submission form. There are two ways to add submission using it.
In both modes, you can always Preview your submissions before committing them to NeoCRS for approval by our staff and members.
- If there's an existing submission for the same category type under the same game, new submission would append to the existing submission. If reordering the cheat table is necessary, simply Edit the cheat to rearrange its order.
For any other types:
The submission form would look similar to the existing system. Submission content should be a detailed description of what the cheat can do in paragraph form.
nTags in Cheats
nTags are allowed in all cheats submissions, even for unlockables and passwords. For example:
[b]Baby Luigi:[/b]|+|[ol][li]Unlock 8 Expert Staff Ghosts[/li][li]Win 100 WFC Ghost Races[/li][li]Race 3,150 times[/li][/ol]
Baby Luigi 1. Unlock 8 Expert Staff Ghosts
2. Win 100 WFC Ghost Races
3. Race 3,150 times
Difference between the old and new system
- Ratings are taken out from the new system.
- Tips are no longer a separate submission type; it goes under "Cheat" as a category. Therefore, there's no more "Tip" category in NeoCRS and members' contribution stats after being merged as cheats.